Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Own Generosity Experiment

I'm no saint. Actually, on a typical day, I may only be nice to half the people I encounter. I can't help it, they are annoying. But I am trying to change that; be a little nicer, give a little more, complain a little less. My inspiration? Generosity Day. Which led me to the Generosity Experiment... which led me to here. Can I say "yes" to EVERYTHING I am asked to give, for the entire month of February? Yes (so far so good). 

Seems that February is the perfect month to kick-start a kindness campaign... it's National Hearth Month (why not open yours to others!), Valentine's day is smack in the middle, Random Acts of Kindness Week  occupies some February space...and, of course, it doesn't hurt that it is the shortest month (hey, baby steps). 

Do it with me! Even if you just smile at that annoying girl who condescendingly "compliments" you instead of slapping her across the face... it counts. Be slightly nicer on day one and who knows what you will accomplish by day twenty-eight. 

A smile for a smile makes the whole world happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment