Friday, February 1, 2013

Hello February, I am ready for my month of giving. Kicked it off by sporting red for National Hearth Month and tacking on an extra breakfast sandwich to my order for my coworker. So far, so good.

Some acts of kindness are simple & spontaneous... like saying yes if someone asks for some spare change. However, some require a bit more planning, such as what I have in store for next week: donating much needed items to a local homeless shelter. Research somewhere in your area that provides such services and find out what items they desperately need that you can provide. 

Another item in the works for me currently is making Valentine's Day goodie bags for the kids at the children's hospital. I am requesting that in lieu of the standard flowers and chocolate, my boyfriend use that money to help me make sure I can provide something for all the children (and I also recruited some awesome friends). Check out if there are some kids who are in need of some cheering up around you as well! 

Feeling a movie night? If you've never seen it, check out Pay It Forward, a touching film that goes perfectly with the theme of giving...doing good deeds for those in need, and then hoping that when the receivers are able, they will pay the favor forward to others in need... and soon everyone is helping everyone else. Okay, a little idealist, but here's hoping. 

Let me know your ideas for giving back, or ways you already have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment