Friday, April 12, 2013

"Blind Inspiration"?

I have been off the grid, but not due to inactivity, I promise! I just didn't realize quite how much went into keeping up with a blog- and I don't want to post just for the sake of posting. 

Quick update: we made wonderful goodie bags for the kids at the Children's Hospital, with all fun things for the kiddies like play-doh and little toys, and for the older kids we got Mad Libs (great idea by my friend!), giant pencils, and deck of cards! It was really fun to make up all the bags, and if you reach out to your local Children's Hospital, most actually have wish lists from these kids- a really sweet thing to do it you're feeling inspired! 

Unfortunately, sometimes I feel what I think I will call "blind inspiration"... I see something that tugs at my heart and makes me feel desperate to help... but I have no idea how. It struck me today while watching this video about two brothers both plagued with Duchenne muscular dystrophy, and only one is receiving an experimental treatment to save his life. Listening to the brother not getting the treatment, my heart was breaking. But how can I possibly help this boy left aside by science? 

Any ideas? Let me know, please!



No comments:

Post a Comment