Monday, April 15, 2013

Day Off to Plant Trees... Please?

Sometimes this song gets stuck in my head... and I wonder about the lyrics- if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with. Maybe it is idealistic to hope that everyone can be with the ones they love. But anyways, in terms of our plant, there is no question- you have to love the one you're on (at least for now... who knows what the future will bring!). We only have this Earth, and we need to love it and care for it. 

Earth Day is fast-approaching, and we can all lend a hand in helping out the planet. Brainstorming is step one, so that is all I am doing for now. Looking for some ideas here, but also want to hear what you have done in the past, or are planning to do this year! I took the global footprint quiz... if everyone lived like me, we would need 5.3 planets to support us! Time for some changes!

Credit to Amazon for photo

Great book I read... which I clearly need to re-read... Sleeping Naked Is Green provides ideas as it follows the author through her year of changing one thing a day to a "greener" alternative. 

Any creative ideas for those of us who will be trapped in the office for most of Earth Day? I am not sure if my boss will accept "planting trees" as a valid reason for a day off.

Leave a comment with your ideas about how to give back & improve our planet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment